Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Due to Technical Difficulties...

...this email cannot be sent.

As I began the day and the attempt to send a message, I suddenly found myself with a computer that would not connect and work online. I was unable to prepare or send my message.

As I worked to solve this the Lord gave me several reminders:

1) Troubles Happen! How wonderful it would be to live in a world without troubles, where everything works every time! But alas, such is not the case, nor ever will be. How wonderful the reminder of Christ: "These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world" (John 16:33). Why would I expect a day without troubles?

2) Troubles are often beyond our control and require a greater resource. With the email down, I immediately attempted to correct it. Unfortunately, my attempts revealed my limitation at fixing network problems on computers. What could I do? Nothing but wait for someone greater than myself. This morning Lynette and I were praying and were reminded of the many truths about prayer. In particular we reflected on Hebrews 4:16: "Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need." How reassuring to know we always have one who is able to help in our time of need!

3) Troubles are generally temporary and quite insignificant. What is quite amazing is how rapidly my trouble was solved. When Sheri Lesh arrived at the office, she quickly solved the problem and I was online again. Although the problem seemed huge, in reality, once the problem was fixed it seemed insignificant. Paul had that perspective regarding all the troubles of life. He wrote, "Our light affliction which is but for a moment is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory" (2 Corinthians 4:17).

I trust your day has few troubles. But if it does have some, remember to "call unto Me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you and you shall glorify me" (Psalm 50:15).

No comments:

Post a Comment